Wednesday, February 17, 2016

You're Going Where?

In the early Spring of 2015, Dr. Pittman (our principal last year) gave some teachers in our building information about an amazing program that strives to bring globalized education into every classroom.  I was intrigued by the concept and decided to apply, because I love making these real world connections with my students about anything we read in class.  After many hours of filling out the paperwork, I submitted my work.  I was hoping that I would hear something soon, but three months later I just assumed I had not been selected.  Losing sucks.


Fast forward three months and a week later.  It's summertime. I am at the CMA fest in 103 degree heat listening to Montgomery Gentry play, and I open my email to find out I WAS SELECTED!! I screamed.  People stared.  I didn't even care.  Out of over 500 applicants, I was chosen to participate in this program.  What an honor!


In the fall, I completed an eight week course for classroom hours towards my Masters degree from George Mason University.   I was by far the hardest I have ever worked for my education, and I am proud to say that I earned my credits. 


On February 18 I will be traveling to Washington, D.C. to meet my fellow TGC group  face-to-face for the first time after months of corresponding by email, Blackboard, Facebook, and tons of other websites!  It will be an exciting time as we prepare for the big time: 3 weeks in Morocco, a country in the northern portion of Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment